Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oh Snaps! Polaroid you didn't ... but you did ....


recently I was looking at the Polaroid pictures on my bedroom walls and it reminded me of all the fun times my compas and I had. I really loved the way these pictures capture that moment in our life. Then last summer like fuckin Katrinka Polaroid decided to do away with this "ancient" method of photography, those motherfuckers. Anyway today I read an article that said "Polaroid has redefined technology and itself for this new digital world blah blah blah " . Apparently they are coming out with a digitally camera that can print your pictures within 45 seconds with no cords, wire or even ink...i don't know how but it can be done. My dilemma is that somehow it will not be able to replicate the old film or its essence of being in the moment. I guess I'll just have to wait and tested out for myself...good luck to them because i really miss the old pictures we use to take...Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. www.savepolaroid.com

    the office recently pitched in and bought my boss an instant polaroid printer. it's all controlled with any bluetooth device. the little gadget is pretty sweet. i agree though it's not the same.

    there's also a new software you can download that converts any digital picture into a polaroid quality picture. it's actually pretty cool! there's a little polaroid camera that sits on your desktop and you just click and drag a photo to it. it will make a noise like you just took a picture and it slowly developes just like the real thing. the only problem with that, you don't get a physical picture to hang up on your wall. =/

    sorry man, i know you loved those cameras dearly.

    ReplyDelete